Vastu Shastra is a traditional way of home construction. Vastu Shastra mainly comprises of mathematical calculations combined with the traditional knowledge of house building. Usage of Vastu Shastra knowledge is becoming more and more common in the present-day house construction as well.
People these days prefer to incorporate the knowledge of Vastu Shastra in their dream home constructions. It’s been observed that the application of this knowledge provides more positivity to the house and the people living in it. A house constructed with proper Vastu Shastra measurements will be able to maximize the utilisation of solar energy, airflow and other cosmic forces or energy, which will eventually provide an enhanced positivity to the house.
To build a house in the Vastu Shastra way, there are many rules and regulations. These regulations in some cases become barriers as well. Some of the major aspects in relation to Vastu Shastra house construction and designing are as shown below,
- House foundation: Must starts from South-west and excavation from North-west direction.
- Direction of house: The house must be facing either in the north or east direction.
- Doors in the room: All the doors must be facing in east direction. All doors must have a minimum opening angle not less than ninety degrees.
- Kitchen position: kitchen should in a south-east direction.
- Dining room: Dining room must be in the west direction.
- Toilets: Toilets need to be in South-east or North-west direction.
- Stairs: Stairs preferably in South-west direction.
- Bedrooms: Bedrooms must be in South-west direction.
- Windows: Windows position must be towards East and north sides only.
- Well: Well outside the house needs to be placed in the North-east direction.
Besides the above-mentioned building construction guidelines, Vastu Shastra also provides insights for the better sleeping position, family gathering point, and the like. According to the Shastra, it is not advisable to sleep or place your bed in the corner positions of any room. The extent of Vastu Shastra implications goes long.
Understanding the benefits and rising demand, civil contractors and builders these days have taken specific attention in incorporating Vastu Shastra construction techniques along with their modern-day housing construction. Construction companies such as SHR builders has taken special care in incorporating Vastu aspects in its house designing so that its customers get the best out of both from the traditional and modern world.